This morning's topic (and I should apologize for anything I write, as I am delirious and may be catastrophically redundant) is Craigslist, and what I've learned thus far from my four-day obsession.
- There are many, many, many ugly couches that exist in this world.
- Ugly furniture can easily be disguised by the words "rustic", "unique" or "antique".
- I am nervous when people post photos of their furniture outside in their driveway, or what appears to be the middle of the street.
- There are many places in North Carolina with interesting names. My recent favorite? "Fuquay Varina".
- Even though horse manure, old tires, broken dryers and baby praying mantises may be listed under the "free" section, it doesn't mean that the drive to get them is worth it.
- Apparently Pottery Barn is more special than I thought, because most people claim that their furniture is from that store.
- Chippendale describes a style of furniture, not just a style of man on a calendar.
- Although staying up until 2:34 am does mean I have very little competition if I see any new postings that catch my interest, it is not really worth the wait because everyone in my area appears to be sleeping.