- 1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (i.e. Oreos, about ten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (3.9 oz.) package chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping (e.g. Cool Whip), thawed and divided into 2 parts
- 12 frozen rectangle ice-cream sandwiches, unwrapped
- 2 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated, or multi-colored sprinkles
Coarsely chop cookies. Combine milk and pudding mix: whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Immediately fold in half of the whipped topping and cookies; set filling aside.
Working quickly, arrange six of the ice-cream sandwiches side by side on a large platter. Spread filling evenly over sandwiches. Top with remaining ice-cream sandwiches, forming a rectangle-shaped torte; smooth sides.
Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte or use sprinkles. Freeze at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve. Yield: 16 servings. Okay, let's be real. Yield: 8 servings, because you will want a double slice.