Happy Anniversary Marcos! Here's to many more years of joy.
These are the 50 things I love most about Marcos (in no particular order)...
- He is an attentive, loving, doting, energetic dad
- He reads people well, and responds generously
- He has the best monkey face east of the Mississippi
- He sees my potential and my core, and what I can become, rather than simply who I am now
- He is aware of the needs of people around him, and he moves to action - unstopped by fear or guilt or embarrassment
- He never comments on my dragon breath in the morning or makes negative comments about my looks
- He is spiritually grounded, and firm in his faith
- He makes me want to be a better woman, all the time
- He values his friendships, with those who live near and those who live far away
- He always invites me to Guys Night Out, even though I've never been in a desperate enough place to take him up on it
- He is often planning who to have over for dinner next
- He is a man with integrity - he lives honestly and openly and walks the walk
- He is always up for a late night hot cocoa at Starbucks or a late night grocery run
- He is firm with me when I am choosing to behave in a small way or when I say small things
- He is extremely loyal to his family members
- He sees people's actions in the context of their situation, upbringing and motives, instead of being overly upset by their disappointing behavior
- He has the most beautiful smile wrinkles in the corners of his eyes
- He goes very far out of his way to secure my comfort
- He charges the batteries for my electric toothbrush without me asking
- He provides well for our family and I am excited about our future because he is doing something that he loves
- Although I am slow to admit this, his technological genius has really enhanced our life in so many ways
- He lets me bi-brow his uni-brow
- He is really confident and capable when it comes to anything to do with Gigi, and is rocking my world as a half-time stay-at-home dad
- He is such a good friend to me, and confidant, and we really enjoy each other's company
- He has taught me to have a more fluid definition of "personal belongings"
- (This has snuck up on me over the years, but) he is gorgeous
- He is a champion of women and children - this is one of the things that first attracted me to him, and it is a deeply seated part of his character
- He is handy around the house
- He has an amazing spacial intelligence - when we play rummikub he will always win because he can shift multiple pieces in his head without losing his beginning and ending positions
- He has become a talented host - often when we have people over, it is he who first jumps up to light the candles, turn on the music and perfect the lighting and prepare beverages
- He has no need in his life for gossip and backbiting
- He is flexible with plans, and very easy going
- He is affirming and appreciative, and never withholds a generous thought
- He does his share of household duties - and then some
- His body fits perfectly with mine when we snuggle and intertwine
- He gives very thoughtful gifts
- Although it is a dying art, he is very chivalrous and it complements his character
- He celebrates my talents
- He twists my arm to make me buy nice things for myself, when I am resistant because of price
- He cooks a mean chicken stroganoff
- He is frugal with money, but knows how to spend it too - when the time is right
- His energy and positive regard for people make him a natural leader - people enjoy being around him
- He makes me laugh with his mix-ups in the English language - Metta: "Why is Gigi crying?", Marcos: "She butt-headed me"
- He is always up for an adventure
- He sometimes takes walks with me at night, and we talk about life, hand in hand
- He is mature, but also has a portion of kid left in him, which gives him access to adults and kids
- He is very cheerful and can make friends with anyone - he is on a first name basis with the girl at the deli counter and the produce man at our grocery store
- He is good at forgiving and strongly believes in people's ability to change
- He is true to me
- He enjoys making people happy
Happy Anniversary. You guys rock this marriage thing. XOXO
Yay!! Happy Anniversary. What a great list and I'm sure it was hard to narrow it down to 50. I don't know Marcos that well but #47 is so totally obvious. You are a beautiful couple!
Happy anniversary! You guys are such a sweet, inspiring couple! Miss you!
Very sweet list! Happy Anniversary!
What an awesome couple you guys are! I love that list of 50 favourite things. Shows how much you know each other! I love #43...though Pete and I say stuff like that all the time and English is our 1st language!!
Happy Anniversary! You two make an awesome couple! Congrats!
Happy Anniversary Metta and Marcos!! You two have such a beautiful love story and make a gorgeous pair!!
You really are perfect for each other! :)
I love my son-in-law for being such a righteous person and sharing that that righteousness with you and Gigi. The happiness you share is a blessing you all deserve.
congrats, you two! I love your beautiful photo.
Man, if I could achieve only 5 of these things in my lifetime I would be celestial. What a great list. And it's a compliment to you, Metta, that you can notice and articulate it all so well.
I love you guys! So happy to know you.
If I haven't mentioned it to you before, I absolutely ADORE this wedding picture! Apart from the fact that I sported a similar Empire-waisted gown at my own wedding, the glowing look on your face captures the excitement & sheer joy of your special day so perfectly. :) Loved reading your 50 things! So sweet... and hilarious too!
Post a Comment